Who is the BikeFit programme appropriate for?
The BikeFit programme has been developed to cater for all levels of cyclist from weekend warriors through to professional athletes. The progressive difficulty provided by the four workout phases allow for personal development and an appropriate level to be reached. We recommend you consult your Doctor before you start any exercise programme.
Do I need gym or fitness equipment to do the BikeFit programme?
The BikeFit programme has been developed to require little or no specialist equipment. The items you will need are:
- An exercise or yoga mat.
- A small towel.
- A chair or exercise ball.
- A water bottle filled with water.
I’m having trouble viewing the BikeFit videos?
The BikeFit videos are hosted by Vimeo the biggest and most popular professional web based video delivery platform. There are several things you can do to improve your viewing of the BikeFit videos:
- Ensure your mobile device or computer is connected to a wireless network (WiFi) and that the connection signal is strong.
- Use wireless networks with access to a fast internet connection.
- If using the BeFitApps website you can switch the video between High Definition (HD) and normal definition versions by clicking the HD icon in the bottom right of the video player.
You can also improve access to BikeFit programme videos by purchasing the BikeFit app which allows video downloading for off-line use.
How do I know when to progress between the BikeFit phases?
You should start the BikeFit programme with the phase 1 workout. Each workout phase should be completed for a minimum of 2-3 times per week for 2 weeks (i.e. 4-6 times over 2 weeks) before progression to the next phase should be considered. Before moving on to the next phase you should be able to complete the previous workout exercises with good form and control, and you should not feel any pain or discomfort during or after the workout. Bear in mind that phases 3 and 4 are increasingly demanding workouts and may not be appropriate for you depending on your fitness levels and desired cycling level.
How do I cancel my subscription for BikeFit?
Please note that when you cancel your subscription, your access to the BikeFit programme will end immediately:
- Login to your BeFitApps account.
- Click on the My Account button displayed in the website header on the right.
- Scroll to the Member links section of your Membership account page.
- Click on the Cancel membership link
I am a cycling coach and I would like to give BikeFit to my clients
We are working with cycling coaches to enable them to use the BikeFit programme with their clients to support their on-the-bike training. Get in touch for details on the costs for bulk BikeFit programme purchases.
I’m a BeFitApps member and I want to use the BikeFit app
If you have any other questions please contact us using our contact page.