Chamonix is famous in the skiing world for its very steep accessible terrain and provides the backdrop to many Redbull style extreme ski movies. However Chamonix is also a destination that can be enjoyed by recreational skiers and families, when you know where to go and what to do. This week we managed to catch up with Shona Tate from Bass Chamonix who in this short chat gave us the benefit of her experience of skiing and ski instructing in the valley for over a decade with tips on where to ski in what conditions, how to make sure you can get instruction (book early!), at what level you want to be skiing to embark on the off-piste experience and even where to get the best lunch! Speaking of which, apparently the place to go is Les Vieilles Luges in Les Houches ski area. I would book now to beat the rush!
Recent posts from BeFitApps
- Bridging The Gap
- Mental Wellbeing – A Podcast
- Life As An International Mountain Leader (Podcast)
- Time to get ‘Sit Fit’
- Be Fit Apps’ Top 10 Lockdown Recommendations
- Bike Training, Why it’s not all about the bike!
- What is my core and where can I find It?
- Pilates Vs Yoga
- The spring transition from ski boots to trainers
- Leaving your Ski Fitness to the last minute!